Monday, August 4, 2014

Day one.

I am currently lying down on a thin foam mat on the floor of the music room here at Hawaii Mission Academy along with the rest of the male student missionaries. Although the mats basically give no cushion to the rock hard floor, nobody seems to notice because we're all exhausted from a long day of traveling and orientation. 

I left my house this morning at 5:30am, my flight took off at around 9:30am, and I arrived in Hawaii at 11:30am Hawaii time. Upon arrival, we were greeted with leis from some of the GMM(Guam-Micronesia Mission) workers. After gathering our luggage, they loaded us in vans and drove us to HMA where we registered and had a small lunch. During lunch I got to meet some of the other missionaries going to Palau, along with the principal from Palau. They all seem really cool and easy to get along with, and the principal even offered to drive us to the beach! 

By the time we got back from the beach, the rest of the missionaries had arrived and we all had dinner together in the cafeteria. Afterwards, we gathered in the chapel and had a small worship talk and some introductions. 

We then split up in groups according to the Islands that we're going to and got to hear from our principal about his experience as a missionary. The rest of the time was spent introducing ourselves followed by endless questions for the principal about Palau. All in all, I am really happy with the group that we have going to Palau. We're already forming great bonds and I know we will work together really well once we get to the island.

To say that I am excited for this upcoming year would be an understatement. Unfortunately, the same thing applies for being nervous. I have never taught a class of high schoolers before, but after today I am confident because I know I have an awesome principal and group of teachers to support me. I'm excited to see what tomorrow holds for all of us! I ask that you keep us all in your prayers as we embark on this journey led by God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment